Monday, July 13, 2009

Stash = Warm Fuzzies???

So I've just realized how very, very fall I've fallen in the world of fiber crafts.

I've recently taken up spinning. I started spinning this great hand-dyed BFL, promptly lost most of it, plied what I had (1.1 oz out of 4), and finished up spinning this romney I had. Or all I could find. I had 4 oz of lovely lovely merino/tencel for the Tour de Fleece - but really that was it. And one day I said to myself, Self, this is not okay. I need a stash. I have no stash to speak of when it comes to fiber.

So what do I do as soon as my paycheck comes in? Spend almost all of it on Etsy, at various sellers of fiber, of course! I now have well over two pound of fiber, split up in different tops and rovings, with 9 more oz's coming in with a spinning wheel scheduled for a Wednesday delivery. And I just found the rest of the BFL, or most of the rest.

And I feel warm and fuzzy thinking of this small mountain of fiber. I don't collapse in fear, shrinking away from the amount of spinning WHICH I WILL NEVER FINISH OH MY GOSH. No.....no. I still make frequent trips to the yarn store which is very conveniently RIGHT on the bike ride to the library, which I must make thrice a week. I still plan more and more projects. I still covet the stock of 4 4-oz rolags of romney on Etsy. (I feel a vest. I really really do. Actually, a pound is enough to make a size small sweater, right? Right??)

Wow. Anyway. I clearly need help.

But how can anything that feels this right be wrong?????

Pictures later.....goodness gracious...

No comments:

Post a Comment